Monday, July 30, 2012

Fun with Lighting!

When photographer Yirmi Vann got in touch with me about a project, I was immediately excited. I know this guy's work and he is all about the lighting. He runs a photography school and wanted to give his students an opportunity to do a beauty photo shoot in a studio. My enthusiasm and excitement for the shoot paid off - Yirmi quickly saw that along with Chany Nussensweig (hair stylist extraordinaire) and hair and makeup artist Miriam Ciner, it was going to be a great opportunity to get some fantastic shots himself. Chany and I styled three models, each with a different theme.

Our first theme was Barbie. Our gorgeous model had large eyes, heart shaped lips, and killer cheekbones. Perfect for a life-size Barbie. On her eyes I used pinks, purples, and a little blue. I lined her eyes with a thick black liner, and applied full false lashes to give her a doll-like appearance. I mixed her foundation with a liquid highlighter to make her skin look almost plastic and flawless. I used a very bubble-gum pink blush and applied a neon pink lipstick with clear gloss.





The second look was a dreamy, ethereal goddess. I used gold, pinks, and brown shadows on the eyes. Dark brown liner and a few sparse false lashes to create a blended but dramatic look. I made the gorgeous model a slightly tanner version of herself using a foundation a tiny bit darker than her skin and also with lots of bronzer and contouring. Instead of using a blush, I used a gold-toned bronzer on the apples of her cheeks to enhance the gold goddess look. To create a nude lip I first covered her lips in a layer of foundation, then lined her lips with a light pink pencil, and applied a peach gloss over the foundation. 






The last theme was a dramatic, rocker chick look with a blue and turquoise eye. The pictures of the model were mostly taken by the students and we're still waiting for the shots, but Yirmi did manage to capture some beautiful shots off the set. I used two different turquoise and teal colors, a very light lilac purple, and a deep navy blue on her eyes. I lined her upper and lower lash line with the same navy eye shadow using a wet angled liner brush. I used a rose blush and peach lipstick with a clear gloss on top.


Overall we had an amazing night - lots of creativity, gorgeous girls, and pizza :).
More pics to come from this shoot when the students send us their shots.
Have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment