Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chic Makeup for a Forest Photo Shoot

Chany asked me to create a dramatic look for her photo shoot with her husband (with the spectacular Sigala Photography). It was so much fun getting creative with colors, and highlighting her absolutely stunning features.







Face: Chany wanted the look to be a little retro, classy, and ladylike so I used a very matte finished foundation a shade lighter than her natural color to give her that stylized "porcelain doll" look. Using a very light hand, I applied concealer under the eyes and brightened up any red areas. Using a golden bronzer I warmed up her face under the cheekbones, along the temples, and on the sides of her forhead. I then used a highlighter on the middle of her forhead, down the bridge of her nose, and on the very tops of her cheekbones to give her face a lot of dimension and make sure that her features would look very clear in the photos. I used a very rosy blush to the apples of her cheeks. 

Eyes: I created a smokey eye that slanted slightly upwards to give her a romantic and mysterious look. I used a golden color on the lid, a deep burgundy in the crease, and a chocolate brown for the outer V. I also used a warm, rosy pink to blend the colors all together. I used a black gel liner along her upper lashline and a black pencil on her lower lashline. **TIP: I did not line her "waterline" because that often makes eyes appear smaller and squinty. 
I also filled her eyebrows in with a light brown brow pencil.

Lips: I first lined her lips with a nude pencil, then I used a peachy pink color lipstick, and topped it off with a very glossy babydoll pink gloss.

I will give a list of products used for the shoot soon!

I hope you guys enjoyed these pictures and if you want any tips or have questions about this look, don't hesitate to be in touch with me!
Have a wonderful day...


5 comments:

  1. Lia is patient and friendly. she gives you all the time you need and listens to what you want!
    Thanks Lia you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chany! It was such a pleasure creating this look for you ~ and your hair looked AMAZING (which you should all know was styled by the talented Chany herself)...

      Delete
  2. I love this look but I feel like my eye shape is too small to pull it off. Will it look good (or decent) for just about any eyes shape? Or is there a way to vary it so I can get a similar look?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A smokey eye is actually a really flattering look for small or squinty eyes. By defining the outer crease of your eye-lid and creating an slightly upward shape it creates an illusion of larger and wider eyes. I would make sure to use a VERY light color on your eyelid, and only apply the darker color on the outer half of your lid and on the outer crease of your eye. A dark color should not go anywhere near the middle or inner part of your eye - that makes eyes look smaller and closer together. Another important tip for small eyes is to make sure that your eye-liner doesn't actually make your eyes look smaller. Avoid lining the waterline - the inner lids of your eye - with a dark color. In fact, to make your eyes look wider, you can apply a white or peach eye liner along your waterline - it will "open up" your eyes and make them look larger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is awesome information! I feel like I have to go shopping. =) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete